Tuesday 26 January 2010

Tuesday 26 January 2010

I started out as early as I could (6.55) but it was still fairly dark. I chose a route going out that was safe enough to run. This morning's run took me into Bottisham then along to Lode. I ran right through Lode and 3/4 of a mile the other side into the fen along Bottisham Lode. I then turned back to Lode and went passed Lode Mill and back along Quy Water. Total distance was 11.8km (time 69.5 minutes). The footpath along the river on the way back was very muddy and this sapped was little energy was left in my legs!

A Long-Eared Owl flew across the Newmarket Road just in front of me. Along Bottisham Lode there were 4 Moorhens, a lot of Fieldfares, a Reed Bunting and a Kestrel. Quy Water had 2 Mute Swans a couple of Mallards and in the field next to Anglesey Abbey (which was water-logged) there were about 30 Black-Headed Gulls and a similar number of Rooks.

No comments:

Post a Comment