Saturday 27 February 2010

Saturday 27 February 2010

My longest run so far. 10.5 miles to Bottisham, Swaffham Bulbeck, along Swaffham Bulbeck Lode to White Fen, then across White Fen , along Bottisham Lode to Lode Mill and back to Quy along the old railway line. A nice scenic run , whether was quite warm but rather windy. The head wind was noticeable when I turned for home at White Fen. Rather muddy on the off-road stretches, particularly along Swaffham Bulbeck Lode. I think next time I will try the other bank as the north side where I ran today was not only muddy, but had a 6-foot high bank so I had no views of the lode. My time was a respectable 1'39:30, slightly behind my target time for 10 miles.

Not a great deal of wildlife seen. 2 Kestrels a few Red-Legged Partridges and several Tits (including a couple of long-tailed), Chaffinches and Blackbirds. A Jay was seen just before Swaffham Bulbeck also a couple of Mistle Thrushes. 2 Grey Squirrels seen.

http://gb.mapometer.com/en/running/route_419164.html

No comments:

Post a Comment