Thursday 16 June 2011

Thursday 16 June 2011

The same route as Tuesday. Weather was similarly dry and bright (perhaps a bit warmer). Today I included 4 sessions of Fartlek and achieved a PB for the course of 1 hour 4'53".

The Swan family was seen along Quy Water with, I'm pleased to note, all 7 cygnets. A young Moorhen was also seen a bit further along.

For the first time this year I saw a male Kestrel by the Jack of Clubs farm just before White Fen Drove (although I did see him there on Sunday when cycling). Here I also saw what could have been Roe Deer ears sticking out above the ears of wheat.

Along the track to the Lodestar fields a Great-Spotted Woodpecker was heard and further away to my right a Cuckoo was calling. 2 Lapwings, a Reed Bunting and a Skylark were in the next fields. Another Lapwing flew over just before the railway track.

No comments:

Post a Comment