Friday 11 May 2012

Tuesday 8 May 2012

A bright evening after all the recent rain, so I went out for a run as soon as I got home.  I set off for Wilbraham Fen, with no set route in mind.  After running down the main central path I crossed the wheat fields along the footpath near the windmill and came back to the start along Little Wilbraham River.  I then headed back down the central path and returned to Quy via the Six-Mile Bottom road.  A total distance of 9.2 miles.

A Buzzard flew up close along the hedgerow in d'Engaynes as I arrived.  In the main fen were Reed and Sedge Warblers, Reed Buntings, 2 Cuckoos and a Short-Eared Owl.  Whitethroats, Chiffchaffs, Willow Warblers and Yellowhammers were seen or heard too.

When I got back to Quy there was a Hare on the cricket pitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment