Wednesday 17 April 2013

Ickworth 10k Hoohaah - Sunday 14 April 2013

A return to the site of my first ever competitive run for the Ickworth House 10k.  This is a wonderful National trust property in Suffolk.

The temperature was good for running but there was a strong wind.  The wind really made itself felt at times, to add to the complication of the 2 steep hills.  A further complication was the amount of mud along the stretches through the woods.  It was really hard to stay on your feet at times and this slowed me down a lot.

The run started off at a quick downhill, tail-wind pace of 4.04 for the first km and 4.17 for the second.  At the worst point my pace was down to 6.04 for the fifth km.  By this point any chances of a good time were well and truly gone.  I finished in a respectable 29th place (out of 207) in a worse time (by just 5 seconds) than my first run in 2008 of 52:03.

I heard my first Chiffchaffs of the year today and a Nuthatch.


No comments:

Post a Comment