Wednesday 3 November 2010

Sunday 31 October 2010

My longest run to date. I extended my route to Swaffham Bulbeck by continuing to Swaffham Prior and reaching White Fen via Station Road. At 12 miles this was good training for my upcoming half marathon. My time of 1 hour 51'19" was not too bad.

In Swaffham Bulbeck a runner came out of his house ahead of me and ran down the street at a fair pace. I thought to myself "I'm sure he's not doing 12 miles". Sure enough, after about 100 metres he turned into the volunteer fire station and proceeded to open up the appliance garage doors. A few moments later 2 cars came up the street at high speed. I didn't get to see the fire engine heading to whatever the emergency was, as I had turned off the main road. Full respect to the men who do these jobs in their spare time!

I passed a Kestrel sitting on a telegraph pole just outside Swaffham Prior and another near Lode. Along the railway track there was a group of about 20 Fieldfares, my first sighting of these Scandanavian visitors this winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment