Tuesday 16 November 2010

Tuesday 16 November 2010

A cold and frosty morning. Not so muddy today due to the frost, apart from a few places. I ran 8 miles to the end of White Fen Drove and back. After my face had warmed up (after about 1 mile) it was a pleasant run, particularly at about 5 miles where the route heads back to the railway track. Here the sun had just risen over the trees and was lighting up the white frost fields.

Large number of Jackdaws and Rooks in the field along Quy Water again. There were also 2 Herons along Quy Water just before Anglesey Abbey, one of which stayed just ahead of me all the way to the mill pond. Another Heron just before White Fen Drove and as I turned into the drove another was heading towards me across the fields. A covey of 11 partridges in a field along White Fen Drove.

As I headed back over the bridge there were Redwings, Fieldfares and 3 Long-Tailed Tits. At the end of the avenue of poplars there was a Buzzard. Along the railway track were more Long-Tailed Tits and a Fox was walking down the track by the gate towards Quy Water. A Kestrel was seen along the bridleway.

No comments:

Post a Comment