Monday 14 November 2011

Sunday 13 November 2011

My longest run ever today of 14.7 miles. I started out towards Lode Mill with the intention of doing the 10 mile loop past Oily Hall and the polo club. When I got to the end of White Fen Drove I decided to extend the run through White Fen and down Swaffham Bulbeck Lode to the River Cam. When I got to the Cam I was still feeling good so decided to carry on down to Clayhithe and then on to Baits Bite Lock to come back through Honey Hill.

The weather was dry and bright and quite warm. It was a very enjoyable run in around 2 and quarter hours.

The Swan family (with 3 young) were on Quy Water. 2 Jays seen just before Anglesey Abbey. As I turned into White Fen Drove a Heron was seen in the middle of the field off to the left.

Along Swaffham Bulbeck Lode a Merlin darted across the lode just in front of me and a bit further on a female Marsh Harrier was seen hunting along a ditch in the field to my right. The Harrier swooped down into the ditch so I stopped for a minute or so but she didn't reappear. Obviously a successful catch.

Several Swans seen on the Cam and at just before Clayhithe there were a several Coots. Having crossed the bridge to the towpath to Baits Bite Lock 3 Little Grebes were seen diving for food.

A Green Woodpecker and a Kestrel were also seen. Several Goldfinches again just before the A14 bridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment