Monday 21 November 2011

Sunday 20 November 2011

St Neots Riverside half-marathon.  This was my second time at this event. Previous time in 2010 was 1 hour 47:15.  This year the weather was foggy and at the start it was rather cold.  With a target of 1 hour 45, I set out with the 1:45 pacers and kept alongside them for the first mile.  At this point I decided to push on a bit.  With the hill in Abbotsley between 2 and 4 miles out of the way, I used the downhill section towards Waresley to gain some momentum.  Last year I started to flag at 7 miles but this time I was till going strong and feeling comfortable.  The second time up the hill at Abbotsley was soon out of the way and I had enough energy to push on to the finish.  At 10 miles my time was just over 1 hour 17, well ahead of my 10 mile PB.  A surge down the hill from mile 12 led me to the finish in 1 hour 40:30. 

The fog lingered throughout the race so there was no wildlife to be seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment