Monday 22 March 2010

Monday 22 March 2010

I ran on my own this morning. Went along Quy Water to Lode Mill then out along Fen Road and White Fen Drove, then retraced my steps to the mill where I came back along the old railway line. Fairly warm this morning. Still not over my weekend stiffness hence a slower time than previously. 7.8 miles in 1hr 15'30".

Male Bullfinch and a Heron seen along Quy Water. A Green Woodpecker heard in the woods at Anglesey Abbey and another one seen just before Lode Mill. Lots of wrens singing and several Yellowhammers. A few singing Song Thrushes too, including one in its usual spot along Station Road, Quy. Another Heron seen along Bottisham Lode and a single Roe Deer, also a Lapwing flew over. A Kingfisher between the old station in Lode and the mill. A small flock of Goldfinches seen in White Fen Drove.





The rear entrance to Anglesey Abbey along Quy Water (no public access)

No comments:

Post a Comment