Monday 29 March 2010

Monday 29 March 2010

The clocks went forward at the weekend to BST so it was dark when I got up this morning. I could have sworn it wasn't raining when I first looked out, but it certainly was when I left the house. Decided to shorten my run to simply a loop of Bottisham, however by the time I reached the pub in Bottisham (the point at which I would turn back to Quy) it had stopped raining so I decided to do the rest of my normal route. By the time I'd reached Lode though it was raining again. At least it wasn't too cold and the running was fairly comfortable. With the short cut, which became an extension the total run was 10.5km, and my time was 1 hr 0'39".

The rain reduced the number of birds seen, however Song Thrushes were again very evident, another singing bird discovered along the Newmarket Road at the far end of Bottisham. Blackbirds too were singing well this morning. 2 Grey Squirrels along the railway track, several Chaffinches and 2 Goldfinches at the end of the bridleway.

No comments:

Post a Comment