Thursday 11 March 2010

Thursday 11 March 2010

An evening run today as I was home early from a training seminar. A change of time and a change of route. After a couple of weeks of very little rain, I decided to try along Quy Water to Lode Mill (this has been far too muddy recently). The riverbank was much better the only really muddy area was at the gateway just as you enter the woods at Anglesey Abbey. Form the Mill I ran down Fen Road (along Bottisham Lode) the down White Fen Drove. At the end of the Drove I came back via the grassy droveway and retraced my steps to the Mill. I then took the usual route back along the old railway line. Total distance of 7.8miles in a time of 1'09"55. I seemed to make particularly good time over the last mile.

3 Moorhens on Quy Water and 4 on Bottisham Lode. A Green Woodpecker in Station Road, Quy, a Wren at Lode Mill and a Kestrel seen along Fen Road in Lode. Also 2 Partridges seen. At the end of White Fen Drove there were 6 Roe Deer. Along Quy Water there was a strong smell of Foxes.

No comments:

Post a Comment